_______________________________

Click here to visit my essay blog!







Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Nature's Way

Author's Note: This is based off of a stream of consciousness we did in class a while ago. It was about leaves, but I changed the topic to just nature in general.

Walking under each tow'ring Oak-
Leaves rustling between my feet.
Hotdogs grilling great on the grill-
Kids running while waiting to eat.
Chalky streets all covered with leaves-
Cars keep crushing them one by one.
Birds singing with peaceful voices-
South they go for winter's climate.
Maple, spruce, oak, elm, birch, and pine-
Nature surrounds me all around.

2 comments:

  1. I liked that poem. It reminded me of summer, and made me want school to be over even more. I liked how it drew a picture in the readers mind. Nice poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with Natalie, I want school to end and it did also remind me of summer. The way you described it really painted a cool mental picture in my head. Good job

    ReplyDelete